Tuesday 8 October 2013

When A Violent Riot Explodes Outside Your House..




 


This morning there was a loud knock on my front door. You can imagine my surprise when I opened the door to find a mob of masked Bandits (baring a striking resemblance to what I imagine the outcome of a drunken mistake between the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and the Wiggles would look like) brandishing light sabres and trench clubs on my door step.





They demanded Mitai (Indian Sweets) but when I refused things turned sour.
 




Threats started to be made and from there things escalated quickly. Within minutes violence broke out, yet peculiarly against each other and not against me, but this is Banaras so I don't try to understand all the 'how's and 'why's' of this place.




As the violence grew more intense and wide spread, the cute girl riot police were sent into action. She seemed to enjoy beating the rioters but was forced to retreat due to the overwhelming numbers of the mob. Thankfully the violence subsided and the mob disbanded around sundown when their Mother's called them in for dinner.






Total Fatalities:             0
Total Causalities:          0
Total Scraped Knees:    3

No comments:

Post a Comment