Wednesday 24 September 2014

The 'Best Of' Series..




..Our soon to be homeland..


As many of you already know, due to a totally unexpected turn of events our days calling the great city of Banaras ‘Home’ are soon coming to an end. This doesn’t mean that our traveling adventures are over, far from it, starting in less than 3 weeks we’ll be embarking on a whole new set of crazy adventures as we seek to establish a new home and a new life for ourselves in the mountains of Northern Thailand. That’s right.. we’ll be going back to square one in a new culture, in a new location, in a new community, in a new language.. my heart is beating faster just thinking about it!!

The necessity to move came as quite a shock and as with most unforeseen circumstances that result in loss, it causes you to step back and reflect on your life and your movements over the past years. One of the ways I’ve been processing this period has been to trawl back through the terabytes of photos I’ve amassed during our travels which has brought to mind a number of truly beautiful memories - some of which I’d all but forgotten. On more than one occasion I’ve found my heart aching in my chest and a strange salty liquid amassing in corner of my eyes as I’ve reminisced about the places, friendships and experiences that I’d expected to continue being regular features in my life but am now faced with the sad reality of soon having to say good bye to. Through processing all this joy mingled with sadness, it’s prompted me to start a month long series of post which will essentially be my “Best Of…” series which kicked off last week with post #1 – I Saw Your Nipples On The Balcony. They won’t necessarily be the greatest moments, or the worst, or even the most exciting, but when I let my mind and heart open up to reflect on these past years this series reflects those memories which I treasure most and seem to force their way to the front most often.


I hope you’ll enjoy catching a glimpse into the life and times of our little tribe over these past years as we go about wrapping up this truly wild and life changing chapter of our story.



No comments:

Post a Comment